Healthy food is very important nowadays. We pay more attention to what products we consume and whether they are of natural origin. Coconut is one of the nuts that we consider to be valuable primarily because of the very good experience with coconut oil, which works well in the kitchen, but also in the bathroom.
What can one say about a by-product, i.e. coconut flour high protein flour? As the previous sentence indicates coconut flour is obtained in the process of producing oil and coconut milk – no part of this nut will be wasted. Coconut flour is primarily used by people who avoid all kinds of wheat products and for whom healthy eating is extremely important.
It is worth using because of the numerous health-promoting properties.
Application of Coconut Flour
- The most basic application of high protein flour, of course, is in the kitchen. Both as a component of sweet and dry dishes it works perfectly and is certainly one of the best replacements for classic wheat flours. It has a delicate aftertaste and the smell of a coconut while it is not sweet, which means that it does not dominate over other flavours.
- It has a lot of fibre in it, so it absorbs water more strongly than other flours. And this is what you should keep in mind when cooking, because it is necessary to add more quantities of wet ingredients than specified in the recipe. It is worth remembering, however, that coconut flour is specific and will not be a great replacement in every recipe.
- If we care for beautiful and leavened baked goods, it is better to use traditional flour. Coconut flour is quite heavy, which significantly thicken sauces and masses.
Coconut flour is primarily rich in fiber and it is its biggest advantage.
- It contains up to 6 times more than ordinary wheat flour. In the case of coconut flour, insoluble fibre dominates which strengthens the feeling of fullness and of course contributes to the healthy functioning of the digestive system. Coconut flour is also rich in vegetable protein, and MCT fats are easily digestible.
- By consuming it, we provide the body with a lot of energy, which slowly releases. In addition, the metabolism of our body also increases