Pinterest is a social media app with a visual platform. It is for people who want to have inspirations and ideas in pleasing pictures. Millions of its contents have different interests, hobbies, and topics. There are a lot of categories, depending on what you can think of. Aside from videos and images, you can also illustrate your DIY guides and many more. With the apps visual presentation, Pinterest is focused on specific concepts like a person’s lifestyle, characteristics, and preferences.
Aside from using Pinterest for personal purposes, you can also use this app for your benefits like for business purposes. It can also be an effective way to plug and promote brands of different kinds. Using a business account, you can show other users your business, services, and products. If you still want to know more about this app, here are the ideas on how to use pinterest.
Create an Account
You can create either a business or a personal Pinterest account. It will always depend on your goal and the purpose of your account. If you want to create a personal account on this app, you need to follow the instructions:
- Download and install this app on your device. Pinterest is downloadable on your Android and iOS devices.
- Select the “Sign Up” button. You can also choose to use your Google account, Facebook, or email address. Fill up your password, age, and email address for signing up. If you decide to sign up with your Facebook account, you need to log in to your Facebook account. It’s the same process if you select to sign up with your Google account.
- Identify your gender, select from “Mae, Female, or Specify another.” Then select “Next.”
- Choose the country and the region where you are from and your language.
- To finish making your account, pick five topics that will reflect your interests. The chosen items will be the basis of the photos that will show on your feed.
- After following the steps, your Pinterest account is now set. You can begin exploring and pin photos.
If you want to set up a Business account, you need to make it separately through business.pinterest.com. Start from scratch and sign up. Or you can also convert your account and switch it to a Business account.
Converting Personal Account to Business Account
- You can only convert your account via the web. To do it, sign in to your Pinterest account.
- Visit pinterest.com/business/convert/. Select “Continue.”
- You can set the name of your business through the “Business hub.” Track all your saves, impressions, and link clicks to your home page. You will also be able to view your monthly viewers and followers at the upper right of your screen.
Creating Group Boards
Gour boards can help you establish a connection with other individuals on Pinterest. It’s the method to share specific ideas and plans and hope that they have the same interest as you. You can invite your friends to your existing boards to begin making a group board.
- From your Pinterest profile, jump to the boards. Press and select a board that you want to share and invite with other people.
- On the upper part of your screen, select the “+” button. Link other apps to invite more group members and to ask other friends to join your board. You can also search for them by their email or name and find other friends through your Facebook account.
- Once their name appears, press “invite.” Add as much as people that you want when you create a group board.
Now that you know how Pinterest works, you can start creating your account. You can now explore the things that Pinterest has to offer and use them to your advantage. You can also connect with your friends and share the same interest.