Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is one of the most reputed medical colleges in India. The Central Government funded institute has two campuses, one in Puducherry, the other in Karaikal. JIPMER offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine.
For admission to its MBBS course, you have to appear for and clear JIPMER Entrance Exam which is held in the month of June. JIPMER MBBS is a national level exam. Apart from NEET (for admission to all government and private medical colleges in India) and AIIMS (for admission to the various campuses of AIIMS), JIPMER is the only medical entrance exam in India. There are 150 MBBS seats in Puducherry and 50 MBBS seats in Karaikal campus of JIPMER.
Due to less number of seats, JIPMER exam is highly competitive. In order to guarantee an MBBS seat in one of the two campuses, scoring as high as possible is a must. Students must have in-depth knowledge of all the concepts in the JIPMER 2018 syllabus.
JIPMER 2018 study material is available for free on Embibe.
The following are some of the most important chapters for JIPMER 2018:
Important Chapters in Physics:
- Introduction and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
- Rotational Motion
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current
Important Chapters in Chemistry:
- Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Hydrogen and the s Block Elements
- Atomic Structure
- General Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry – Hydrocarbons
- Purification and Characterization of Carbon Compounds
- Chemical Bonding
- States of Matter
- Chemical Kinetics
Important Chapters in Biology:
- Cell Structure and Function
- Structural Organizations in Animals and Plants
- Diversity in Living Organisms
- Plant Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Human Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
Cracking competitive entrance examinations like JIPMER needs well-structured study strategy and personal mentoring. Taking JIPMER mock test helps a lot to identify your key weaknesses. Weaknesses can be in the form of academic inefficiency, gaps in exam-taking strategy, or weak time management skills. These factors play an important role in the performance of a student. Competitive exams like JIPMER tests not only for the student’s academic strengths but also analytical skills.
Embibe provides personalized assistance and looks after the overall development of a student. This, in turn, guarantees score improvement.